[Durham INC] Third Town Hall for City Council Candidates - Recording link

Mimi Kessler mimikessler1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 23:38:22 EDT 2023

On behalf of Herman Sperling:

2023 Town Hall with the candidates for city council – August 30, 2023

We held our 3rd of 7 Town Halls tonight with 2 of the candidates for City
Council; *Shatta Burris* and *J.J. Campbell*. (Our third candidate, Waldo
Fenner, had a scheduling conflict and was the only candidate who did not
accept our invitation.)   In addition to opening and closing statements, we
were able to have both candidates answer 23 questions within the planned
one-hour session.

We will be running our next Town Hall on *Wednesday, September 6th, also
starting at 7 PM.   Khaliliah Karim, Carl Rist, and Sherri Zan Rosenthal *will
be responding to the questions you’ve asked me to present.   This session
will exhaust the list of candidates for City Council.

We will then move to the mayoral races starting off with what should be a
spirited Town Hall with DeDreana Freeman and Leonardo Williams on 9/11.

Here’s a link to the recording of tonight’s session that you should feel
free to share.

https://youtu.be/PXtuRqVOW9U

*PLEASE VOTE *in both the Primary (*October 10*) and General (*November 7*)
elections.

Mimi Kessler
919-599-2892