[Durham INC] Outcome of SCAD hearing?

bruce at paintingsbybruce.com bruce at paintingsbybruce.com
Tue Nov 21 08:19:42 EST 2023

Ha. Good question. I doubt anyone on the Council understands exactly
what they passed, much less any of us.

In short, they decided to "set aside" a number of sections of the
amendment that Planning Staff didn't specifically "recommend" they pass.
Jillian Johnson rattled off a dozen or so such sections, by number, and
they passed the remainder by the expected 4-3 vote. We'll all have to
wait for Planning to spell out for us exactly what is in and what is
out.

It was the most unsatisfactory outcome they could have come up with,
short of passing SCAD in full. Harrumph.

- Bruce Mitchell