[Durham INC] Join us to make Roxboro and Mangum safer streets

Mimi Kessler mimikessler1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 14:33:26 EST 2024

 Hello neighbors,

If you live, work, or worship near Roxboro and Mangum Streets between
downtown and I-85/Avondale Drive you have experienced that these streets
are unsafe whether you're walking, biking, or driving a car. *This is
unacceptable* and *we can do better*.

In partnership with Bike Durham, a group of Durham residents and
businesses have started the Safe Streets Durham campaign. Here are the ways
you can share your feedback with the City of Durham and N.C. Department of
Transportation and join us in advocating for a street design that supports
all users and helps our neighborhoods and businesses thrive, rather than
dividing them.

   - To learn more about potential alternative designs for Roxboro/Mangum,
   get more involved, and stay updated on our progress, *visit our Safe
   Streets Durham campaign website <https://safestreetsdurham.org/>* and *sign
   up for our email list*
   <https://actionnetwork.org/forms/campaign-for-safe-streets-roxboro-and-mangum>
   .

   - Roxboro/Mangum is on the list for resurfacing in 2024, which provides
   an opportunity for us to think about how we want to redesign the streets.
   The City of Durham is hosting an informational meeting about this on
   March 12th from 6 - 7pm. *Please plan to attend and share your concerns
   with the City and NCDOT. * You can* view the project webpage here
   <https://www.durhamnc.gov/5099/Roadway-Resurfacing-Projects-in-2024>*
    and *sign up for updates from the City here*
   <https://www.durhamnc.gov/5099/Roadway-Resurfacing-Projects-in-2024>

Thank you,
--
Mimi Kessler