[Durham INC] Watch City Life: Update on Soil Safety in Durham Parks

City of Durham Communications Communications at durhamnc.gov
Fri Mar 1 09:23:41 EST 2024

[Title: New on City Life - Description: City Life, a talk show that features information on current City of Durham issues and upcoming events.]
Watch City Life<https://youtube.com/live/RIIxqnavhD4>: Update on Soil Safety in Durham Parks
Now on Durham Television Network<https://durhamnc.gov/1153/Original-Video-Programs> & YouTube<https://youtube.com/live/RIIxqnavhD4>
Podcast on iTunes<https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/city-life/id1292312090> & Spreaker<https://www.spreaker.com/show/city-life>

As a city that prides itself on the safety, health, and well-being of our communities, we're working to address elevated levels of lead found in the soil<https://www.dprplaymore.org/516/Soil-Property-Testing> in some areas of five parks.

In our new City Life interview<https://youtube.com/live/RIIxqnavhD4>, Host Beverly B. Thompson talks with Durham Parks and Recreation<https://www.dprplaymore.org/> Director Wade Walcutt and Durham County Department of Public Health<https://www.dcopublichealth.org/services/health-education/communicable-disease-maternal-child-health/childhood-lead-poisoning> Medical Director Dr. Jeffrey Jenks<https://www.dcopublichealth.org/about-us/leadership-team/jeffrey-jenks> to get the latest updates on this situation and the status of our efforts to find a solution.

About City Life

City Life<https://durhamnc.gov/1153/Original-Video-Programs>, a talk show that features information on current City of Durham issues and upcoming events, airs daily on Durham Television Network<https://durhamnc.gov/1104/Durham-Television-Network> and on YouTube<https://youtube.com/CityofDurhamNC>. City Life is also available as an audio podcast on iTunes<https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/city-life/id1292312090> and Spreaker<https://www.spreaker.com/show/city-life>. To subscribe or unsubscribe from our distribution list, visit our website<https://durhamnc.gov/list.aspx>.