[Durham INC] The City of Durham’s Festivals and Events Request for Proposals is open for applications for the FY25 Fiscal Year.

Durham Cultural Advisory Board DCAB at durhamnc.gov
Mon Jul 8 11:29:53 EDT 2024

Happy Monday!

The City of Durham's Festivals and Events Funding has opened for 2025 applications!  I appreciate any effort on your part to help spread the word.  I have attached a flyer - I am also happy to provide smaller artwork to fit in newsletters and emails.  As always, I'm happy to bring printed copies to you if you prefer.

Deadline to Submit your application
By or Before
August 8, 2024, 11:59 p.m.

The City of Durham recognizes that festivals, parades and other celebrations play an important role in fostering community wellbeing, creating local identity, and in contributing to an improved quality of life of Durham residents and visitors.
The City of Durham is seeking proposals from qualified entities for new or existing cultural and arts festivals and special events occurring between July 1, 2024, to December 31, 2025.
The applicant must be a not-for-profit organization in good standing with the NC Secretary of State and IRS.  It is acceptable to submit an application in partnership with a not-for-profit organization serving as a fiscal agent.  A not-for-profit organization serving as a fiscal agent shall be the agency entering into a contract with the City if the partnership receives funding.
Festivals & Special Events RFP website<https://www.durhamnc.gov/4830/Festivals-Special-Events-RFP>
At the webpage linked above you can find the RFP document for download as well as the link to the application on Submittable.

Workshops & Office Hours
City staff will host two workshops to review the application process and answer questions.
RFP Overview Workshop (In Person): Session One
Thursday, July 18, 2024, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. ET
City of Durham General Services Department
2011 Fay St., Durham, NC 27704
Parking is available
RFP Overview Workshop (Virtual): Session Two
Wednesday, July 24, 2024, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. ET
Register here<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZckf-muqD4oHdHpay3ZA4sjRgOjbPNUPNwu>
RFP Drop-In Office Hours via Zoom
Tuesday, August 1, 2024, 10:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 – 5:30 p.m. ET
Register here<https://outlook.office365.com/bookwithme/user/20d2ddc823e94eec8cfeb1a361e0f360@durhamnc.gov/meetingtype/8oDOp8IBAUyvUbsc32CKxQ2?bookingcode=ecc0514f-023d-419d-8fef-e3e20d2885e0&anonymous&ep=mLinkFromTile>
Thank you for your interest in this funding opportunity.  Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues and others who may have interest.
Please feel free to send your questions to dcab at durhamnc.gov<mailto:dcab at durhamnc.gov> .  Those submitted by 5:00 pm on July 26, 2024, will be answered publicly in an addendum to the RFP.

Annette Smith