[Durham INC] Let's get more kids on bikes!

John Tallmadge director at bikedurham.org
Wed Aug 28 14:05:57 EDT 2024

Bike Durham is holding a Back-to-School fundraiser
<https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/2024-back-to-school-fundraiser?source=INC&>
to cover the costs of providing 90 bikes to DPS students who need them.
I'm sharing a message from Glenn Elementary School principal Matthew Hunt
about his experience with Bike Durham:

I'm Matthew Hunt, Principal at Glenn Elementary. As you all know, this week
the school year has started, and we already hear the excitement about the
Bike Durham program returning to Glenn Elementary.

The Bike Durham team held 3 weekend School-wide events in the last 3 years,
and I could hear our students' excitement when walking around the school:
they could not wait to show up on the day of the event, to show their peers
and families all of the skills they have learned in the previous 5 weeks.

The Bike Durham team is an outstanding group of teachers who understand the
value of community and create an environment where students want to be in.

The team’s excitement about the work and passion for our students’
experiences show every time you’re on campus – and has resulted in a ton of
interest and participation from our students and families.

It's so rare to be approached by a group or organization that simply wants
to help.

We want Bike Durham’s program and bikes to be able to be delivered to as
many schools and students as possible, and I am pleased to invite you to
contribute to Bike Durham’s fundraising efforts.

*Here is how you can help:*
$60 will pay for a bike and a helmet for our bikes giveaway program (goal
is to cover the costs of 90 bikes)
DONATE
<https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/2024-back-to-school-fundraiser?source=INC&>

The more students get on bikes, the better for all of us!

Sincerely,

Matthew Hunt - Principal at Glenn Elementary School

*Please cascade to neighborhood list-servs.*

Thank you for considering this appeal to get more kids on bikes.

John Tallmadge (he/him/his)
Executive Director
Bike Durham
919.672.3862

*Working for safe, affordable, & sustainable transportation for all*
bikedurham.org/give <http://bikedurham.org/donate> [image: 🚲][image:
🚌] [image:
🚶]