[ESIP-CF] UDT's for metadata

Ted Habermann ted.habermann at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 2 12:58:57 EST 2012

Upendra et al.,

This email is showing up in my drafts folder... but I thought I sent it...
Just in case here it is again!

I agree that User-Defined Types are a potentially very interesting approach
to adding structure to metadata in granules. One of the challenges is that
UDTs have been developed as a tool for describing data structures instead
of attribute structures. IOW, we would need to write metadata into
variables instead of into attributes. I suspect that this change the
mechanisms we use to write and extract this information considerably...

Ted

--
     Enterprise Data Systems Group Leader