[ESIP-CF] UDT's for metadata

Upendra Dadi upendra.dadi at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 2 13:28:20 EST 2012

Hi Ted,
   I did receive your email. Thanks! I agree with you that UDTs could be
quite useful. Using UDT instead of CF variables like grid_mapping
variable (we call such variables "container variables") or variables
like platform/instrument parameters definitely makes things look lot
more cleaner. One could keep related things together instead of
splitting data into different variables or metadata into separate
attributes.

Upendra