[Esip-drupal] making associations in Drupal for later LOD export

Adam Shepherd ashepherd at whoi.edu
Wed Jul 31 13:18:31 EDT 2013

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posing a question here! The way I would do this would be the following:

1. create an entity reference field (https://drupal.org/project/entityreference) on the one of your content types to setup the relationship.
2. install the rdfx module (https://drupal.org/project/rdfx)
3. enable rdfx and rdf_ui
4. declare your RDF mappings & namespaces you plan to use at URL: admin/config/services/rdf

At this point you have the option to generate RDF for each entity in a couple of ways:

1. with the restWS module (https://drupal.org/project/restws), you can expose your RDF by adding the ".rdf" file extension onto a URL like 'node/1234'
- 'node/1234.rdf' returns RDF/XML

2. the rdf_indexer module (https://drupal.org/project/rdf_indexer) can stand up a SPARQL endpoint for your RDF to be queried.
- this was the topic of the June ESIP Drupal call here: http://commons.esipfed.org/node/1597
- I just submitted a patch to this module that provides support for populating external triplestores like Virtuoso here: https://drupal.org/node/2029717#comment-7685267

If you need ANY help, please feel free to contact me as we've gone through this process a few times at WHOI.

cheers, Adam

Adam Shepherd                                     voice: 508.289.2772
MS #36, Shiverick, WHOI                           fax: 508.289.2009
Woods Hole, MA  02543                         skype: ashep15
ashepherd at whoi.edu                            drupal: ashepherd

Biological and Chemical Oceanography Data Management Office
Computer and Information Services
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
http://www.whoi.edu/profile/ashepherd
http://bco-dmo.org