[Esip-drupal] Congrats to our new ESIP Drupal Working Group co-chairs!

Adam Shepherd ashepherd at whoi.edu
Wed Jan 15 10:35:23 EST 2014

Hi ESIP Drupalists,

I just want to echo David's sentiments and say that I am really excited about this upcoming year! I also want to thank Bruce for his direction and leadership, and David and I look forward to "climbing the mountain" with all of you.

I want to share one aspect of the vision I have for the ESIP Drupal Working Group. It stems from a talk Kathy Sierra gave at the Business of Software Conference in 2009 (http://konigi.com/notebook/kathy-sierra-creating-awesome-users). In discussing how an organization/business can sustain customer loyalty she said, the key is to not make better tools, but to make better `users` of tools. For her, the focus is on the people themselves - the relationships we build together, the discussions we have, the knowledge sharing and problem solving we encourage and undertake together. I call these things the `mojo` of ESIP. As Kathy describes , this focus helps users feel awesome and powerful when they use her software.  Part of my vision for the ESIP Drupal Working Group is that its members feel awesome when using Drupal, but also feel awesome about being part of the ESIP community! #buildthemojo

David and I will be in touch soon, but in the meantime, if you have any thoughts or ideas you'd like to share, give us a shout at:esip-drupal at lists.esipfed.org. Always feel free to contact me directly. Take care!

cheers, Adam

Adam Shepherd                                     voice: 508.289.2772
MS #36, Shiverick, WHOI                           fax: 508.289.2009
Woods Hole, MA  02543                         skype: ashep15
ashepherd at whoi.edu                            drupal: ashepherd

Biological and Chemical Oceanography Data Management Office
Computer and Information Services
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
http://www.whoi.edu/profile/ashepherd
http://bco-dmo.org