[Esip-drupal] Recap of August Drupal WG Telecon for 8/27

Adam Shepherd via Esip-drupal esip-drupal at lists.esipfed.org
Wed Aug 27 16:03:24 EDT 2014

Hey folks,

I just wanted to pass along the slides and recap of the August telecon for the Drupal WG. We had a really good call that confirmed alot of your input that David and I have been collecting on the strategy and direction for the ESIP Drupal WG as well as as the Science on Drupal initiative. You can find out more about Science on Drupal here: https://groups.drupal.org/science-on-drupal, THE official Drupal.org location for all things Science/Drupal/ESIP. (if you are sentimental you can still get there via: https://groups.drupal.org/esip)

In case you are interested in the outcomes of the August ESIP Drupal Working Group telecon, the slides have been posted at: https://groups.drupal.org/files/August-Telecon-Slides.pdf

Highlights:

1. Agreement that the Science on Drupal d.o groups page is THE place to start the conversation on sharing knowledge and asking questions -> https://
2. Acknowledged the importance of keeping funds to bring Drupal experts to ESIP Drupal Summer Lab
3. Well-received idea to request budgetary support for sending Science On Drupal group members to local Drupal camps

If you have thoughts, questions, or concerns please feel free to reply to this email or comment here at: https://groups.drupal.org/node/439583

Finally, next month we have ForumOne presenting: Relaunching globalchange.gov (or as I have subtitled it - GCIS kicking butt). Stay tuned for the official announcement coming soon, and for a further look ahead, checkout the schedule for the rest of 2014 at: https://groups.drupal.org/node/433943

cheers, Adam

ESIP Drupal Working Group
Co-Chair: David Bassendine                      david at bluedotlab.org
Co-Chair: Adam Shepherd 	                       ashepherd at whoi.edu

The Working Group gathers for monthly Telecons on
the 4th Wednesday of every month at 2pm CST

Drupal.org Group: https://groups.drupal.org/science-on-drupal
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ScienceOnDrupal
YouTube: goo.gl/B0t57T
Google+: http://goo.gl/w4KBJY