[Esip-drupal] Reminder: focus, strategy & direction discussion today at 3pm ET + survey!

David Bassendine david at bluedotlab.org
Wed Mar 29 11:12:31 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

We'll be meeting today at 3pm ET to continue discussing direction and focus
for 2017 - see connection details below. Here are some of the questions and
ideas we've been grappling with, but we're open to any new ideas or
comments too!

Please post your thoughts, or any other comments you have, to our brief
survey at  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XBPDWSD - either ahead of or
after the meeting.

* Should our identity continue to revolve around a single technology, or
focus on a niche that's of most value to the community?
* How does the ESIP community predominantly use Drupal?
* Instead of code contribution, should we focus on documenting the
technologies, frameworks and platforms available, mapping them to use cases
and outlining quick testing howtos?
* Which specific focus areas are most needed? (eg. mapping, data
visualization, data storage, semantic web, web services, citation etc/)

Coming along to the meeting today or to filling out the survey would be a
great help in making sure our plans for the year ahead are best targeted to
your needs. We appreciate your participation!

Thanks, see you all this afternoon! David and Adam

Telecon Details