[esip-semantictech] AGU Abstract

Beth Huffer beth at lingualogica.net
Wed Aug 1 11:13:44 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

At the ESIP Summer Meeting, Doug Fils and Adam Shepherd gave a great presentation on the use of schema.org JSON-LD to create semantically-grounded web page mark-ups. There was a lot of interest in this topic, and it was generally agreed that the vocabulary available for describing data set landing pages and other science data-related web pages is currently inadequate for the kind of rich descriptions that are needed. To address this inadequacy, we discussed using the Semantic Tech Committee to drive an effort to extend the current schema.org vocabulary for data sets. We’ll be discussing this at our next committee telecon on August 28, and Adam Shepherd and I have drafted an Abstract for an AGU presentation on it. The abstract is attached. I’ll submit it this afternoon on behalf of the committee. Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or comments. Thanks very much!

Beth