[esip-semantictech] AGU Abstract

Ramachandran, Bhaskar (GSFC-619.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] bhaskar.ramachandran at nasa.gov
Wed Aug 1 13:27:32 EDT 2018

Beth … Looks good.  Suggested a couple of wee edits …

bhaskar ….
Bhaskar Ramachandran
Terrestrial Information Systems Lab.
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Code 619, Bldg. 32, S036L
Science Systems and Applications, Inc.
Greenbelt, Maryland 20771 USA

+1.301.614.5460 [Phone]
+1.301.614.5269 [Fax]
bhaskar.ramachandran at nasa.gov<mailto:bhaskar.ramachandran at nasa.gov>

On Aug 1, 2018, at 11:13 AM, Beth Huffer via esip-semanticweb <esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:

Hello everyone,

At the ESIP Summer Meeting, Doug Fils and Adam Shepherd gave a great presentation on the use of schema.org<http://schema.org/> JSON-LD to create semantically-grounded web page mark-ups. There was a lot of interest in this topic, and it was generally agreed that the vocabulary available for describing data set landing pages and other science data-related web pages is currently inadequate for the kind of rich descriptions that are needed. To address this inadequacy, we discussed using the Semantic Tech Committee to drive an effort to extend the current schema.org<http://schema.org/>vocabulary for data sets. We’ll be discussing this at our next committee telecon on August 28, and Adam Shepherd and I have drafted an Abstract for an AGU presentation on it. The abstract is attached. I’ll submit it this afternoon on behalf of the committee. Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or comments. Thanks very much!

Beth

<AGU 2018 - Extending schema.org<http://schema.org> for Science Data Discovery.docx>_______________________________________________
esip-semanticweb mailing list
esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org>