INC NEWS - proposal for Neighborhood Advocate highlighted in localblog...

Ronnie Griffin res1m28r at verizon.net
Thu Mar 13 10:11:49 EDT 2008

This is an excellent recommendation.  I suggest that the advocate position
be independent and to be hired by and accountable to the Mayor and City
Council.  They are our elected officials chosen to represent the citizens of
Durham.  This reporting relationship should eliminate any potential
conflicts of interests within the city administration through a definitive
understanding that the function of this new position would be to represent
and present the interests of the neighborhoods, neighborhood organizations,
environmental protection, historic preservation, park and trails and citizen
community without bias or influence from any political, lobbyist, corporate
or other special interest and outside organizations.  It would serve as a
position to always represent the interests of the people and for the people.

Ronnie Griffin

North Garrett Road Committee