INC NEWS - Falconbridge seeks advice from other neighborhoods about larger-than-customary homes and teardowns

Rkitchin at aol.com Rkitchin at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 22:13:58 EDT 2008

Our established Falconbridge neighborhood still has a few undeveloped lots.
As a community (slightly more than 20 years old) in a very desirable,
convenient location near I40-54 and close to Southpoint, Falconbridge may also become a
likely location for tear-downs to be replaced by new homes that are out of
character with our existing homes.

Our Falconbridge HOA board seeks advice from other Durham neighborhoods that
have experience with newly built out-of-character homes that comply with
neighborhood covenants and restrictions, and/or with teardowns to make room for
McMansions that block sunlight and views for neighbors.

Please be in contact if your neighborhood has 1) experience with compliant
but out-of-character new homes, 2) experience with teardowns and replacement
homes, and/or 3) a plan for either or both of these situations. We welcome other
comments as well.

Thanks,

Rosemarie Kitchin for Falconbridge
rkitchin at aol.com

rkitchin at aol.com
Rosemarie Kitchin
President
Kitchin's Ink, Ltd., a deliberately low-profile
marketing services firm based in Durham
6702 Glen Forest Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27517-8647
919/768-0749