INC NEWS - Preservation Durham Lunch & Learn this week

Ellen Dagenhart dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 13 13:59:12 EDT 2008

Preservation Durham's monthly Lunch and Learn series  for April  will
focus on "Dying in Durham." A panel of religious leaders, funeral
directors and monument builders will discuss the funeral customs and
rites of Durham's religious and ethnic communities.

The program will provide an overview of  an often-overlooked aspect
of our heritage. The ways that we say goodbye to our loved ones and
our community leaders are important, and shed light on who we are as
a community.

Traditions represented on the panel will be European American,
African American, Jewish, Catholic, Moslem, and Quaker.

Our program will be respectful of all traditions: it will be a bit
sad at times, and perhaps a bit funny at others. We invite everyone
to come, enjoy a fantastic lunch, and share their stories."

Reservations for the event can be made by emailing
<mailto:info at preservationdurham.org>info at preservationdurham.org or
calling Preservation Durham at 682-3036.
Lunch and Learn is held at Tosca Ristorante in West Village, at 11:30
on Wednesday, April 16.
Lunch prices are $18 for Preservation Durham members, $16 for  senior
members, and $20 for non-members.
--

Linda Wilson
Development and Program Coordinator

--

Ellen M. Dagenhart, ABR, e-Pro, GRI, SRES
MailTo:dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Marie Austin Realty, Durham, NC
1204 Broad Street, Durham, NC 27705
http://www.marieaustin.com
Office  919-286-5611  FAX  919-286-2252  Cell 919-475-1719

[]

Check it out! http://www.durham-nc.com/www.wheregreatthingshappen.com