INC NEWS - Land for Tomorrow Citizen Lobby Day (May 20)

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 17:50:18 EDT 2008

folks,

Land for Tomorrow is a non-partisan measure to support
land and water conservation across North Carolina.

Tuesday, May 20 will be a fun way to join other people
at the legislature. All you have to do is let
representatives know that land and water conservation
is important and ask them to support the Land for
Tomorrow legislation.

It's also a great way to learn about 'active' civic
engagement. :)

Below is a brief summary of activities planned for May
20. Please join the fun.

all best,
John

****

Dear Land for Tomorrow Supporter:

Thank you very much for your enthusiasm in Land for
Tomorrow’s efforts to obtain $200 million annually for
farmland preservation, land conservation and Landing
Jobs. We have House and Senate leadership who
understand these issues in large part due to your
efforts for the last 3½ years.

With your help, we can keep the pressure on the North
Carolina General Assembly to repeat the success of the
last session: $108 million for conservation and
farmland preservation. We also plan to launch "Landing
Jobs" demonstration projects after the 2008 short
session of the NC General Assembly if the program is
funded.

Please participate in our Land for Tomorrow Citizen
Lobby Day!

You can complete an on-line registration form at
www.landfortomorrow.com, e-mail or mail it to me,
Carol Love, Project Coordinator, Land for Tomorrow,
4705 University Drive, Suite 290, Durham, NC 27707. My
e-mail address is clove at tnc.org

Again, thank you for your active participation and I
look forward to hearing from you.

Carol Love
Project Coordinator

****

Lobby Day Schedule of Events

When: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 (all day)

Where: North Carolina General Assembly, Legislature
Building, Raleigh NC

Schedule:

8:00-am Registration begins

9:30 am Briefing by leaders of Land for Tomorrow

11:30 am Ice Cream Social

3:30 pm Debriefing

5:30 pm Reception at Café Luna in Raleigh

Info... http://www.landfortomorrow.com/

****