INC NEWS - Cases B08000008, B0800003 and D0700459 (site plan for city council review)

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 20:57:33 EDT 2008

Thought you all should be aware of 3 development cases
that will require filling and building IN the
floodplain. Surely this is no less a bad idea now than
before our creeks, streams, and lakes became impaired
and violated the Federal Clean Water Act. Aren't we
supposed to be CLEANING UP Jordan Lake?

Please protect your wetlands and water supply by
contacting your local gov't with your comments about
these projects: council at ci.durham.nc.us,
commissioners at durhamcountync.gov

B0800008: Request for minor special use permit for
private school located on 7415 Fayetteville Road. MORE
THAN 1/3 OF THIS PROPERTY IS IN THE FLOODPLAIN. Public
hearing on May 27, 2008 at 8:30 AM (City Council
Chambers). I cannot attend

B0800003: Request for a minor special use permit for a
daycare facility at 5020 NC Hwy 55. VIRTUALLY ALL OF
THIS PROPERTY IS IN THE FLOODPLAIN (which is
immediately adjacent to water). Public hearing on May
27, 8:30 AM, in City Council Chambers. I cannot
attend.

D0700459: Learning Experience Daycare, 18.18 acre site
on NC 55 (N of Sedwick Road and south of NC 54), City
Council to Review on Monday, June 2, 2008, 7 PM.  Same
property as B0800003 above, with virtually ALL of this
property in the floodplain immediately adjacent to
water. "The request is for a flood plain development
permit for fill and development IN the floodplain."

Melissa