INC NEWS - Development

Anne Guyton annemguyton at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 09:51:24 EDT 2008

It has been very informative following the discussion on the proposed new and improved speedy approval for development.  One key fact that has always shaped my thinking is the physical size of Durham County.  We are a very small county.  Wake County can support decades of growth at the present rate and still have plenty of undeveloped land.  Durham will be fully developed in 30 years or so at the present growth rate.  Durham simply does not have the luxury of accepting less than the very best projects.  Taking our time and getting it right the first time is the only option if we want a community that is still desirable 30 years from now.  To achieve that takes time and input from ALL the stakeholders.

Respectfully,

Anne M. Guyton