INC NEWS - the way it ends up...

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Fri May 16 11:47:42 EDT 2008

All this talk about needing a neighborhood advocate (and what we think
they should do) reminds me of a fight we had to get an enforcement person
in the Solid Waste Dept. Instead of getting an "enforcer", we ended up
with an "educator". It's not the direction we even wanted to go when we
first sought this enforcement position. I'd suggest that with this
neighborhood advocate, you'll get something you didn't start out wanting
as well...

Is an educator and an enforcer the same thing? We never thought so. We
even re-wrote the ordinances so as to give the enforcement position some
power to enforce.  So is it better to educate than enforce? That's why we
wanted an enforcer; education had failed to produce the desired outcome.
Has the "educator" position been better than an "enforcer"? Probably to
those who have been educated instead of enforced...

But it wasn't the position we fought for and isn't the position we thought
it would. So whose fault is that? I'll let you point the fingers... As
citizens, we really have very little to say over anything that involves
employment or employability within the City/County. I'd save us all some
money by getting rid of a few of them today. Like I say, we're a top 100
community in this great country. We need top 100 people running it.

Have a great weekend

RWP
27 Beverly