INC NEWS - Clarification on Neighborhood College but we still need NA clarifications before taking a position

Mike - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 12:07:34 EDT 2008

Thanks John for answering all the questions except the important ones.

But to clarify,  the only concern I had regarding the initial discussions
about the Neighborhood College was a line item to feed the participants and
limiting printing costs.

What I advocated for at the time, was a partnership or colaberation in
sharing these expenses with neighborhood groups or associations.  At the
time, and I continue to believe this,  using our tax dollars to support the
Neighborhood College is well spent.   However,  those expeditures should be
limited to paying staff and clerical support to provide the materials to
make it successful.   Food if required ought to have been an option,  not a
taxpayer expense.

IMHO
mike

Mikes position on the Neighborhood College

mike is not opposing, nor has he ever opposed the Neighborhood College.
Mike has been an advocate for its creation for over 6 years and he's been
quoted in the papers as being tickled pink it's about to start."

"But Mike is concerned about the city spending money during the classes for
things like box lunches and printing costs that he thinks can be funded by
volunteer groups, individuals and civic organizations.   Mike feels that
city dollars are very tight now and that if we can find ways to demonstrate
fiscal responsibility, we should.   After all it's one of the leading goals
within INC to promote Neighborhood communication and involvement."

Wednesday June 04, 2003 12:56 PM