INC NEWS - Fwd: Third Fork Creek Meeting

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Sun Jun 1 01:40:22 EDT 2008

Two years ago, on this list, I mentioned something we have never seen
before, storm water bonds, to the tune of $200M+ coming at us down the
road. Likely, by the time we get around to it, it'll be much more. This is
for an unfunded mandate by the State to clean up Third Fork Creek (and all
tributaries that flow into Jordan Lake). Just to give you an idea of what
it'll look like and cost (the cost I mention was 4 years ago), just come
over to Forest Hills Park. All the growth at the Creek that flows through
the Park is a buffer. Something that really has ruined the vistas we once
had and to many, has ruined the Park. It's what the buffer will look like
as it finds its way down the Creek. Cost (in 2004 dollars) was $1M. That's
why I say it'll probably be more than the projected $200M. The Park
project was done on public lands and with State funds. Most of the Creek
crosses private land and easements will need to be aquired in order to get
the desired buffers for the Creek. And the funding will come from us...

RWP
27 Beverly

> Please see the attached message regarding an important
> meeting (CAN meeting on June 11) with state
> legislators Paule Luebke and Floyd McKissick regarding
> water quality and contamination. I am out of town that
> week and cannot make the meeting, though I would
> definitely be there if I could.
>
> Melissa
> P.S. see message below
>
> Melissa Rooney
> mmr121570 at yahoo.com
>
> Note: forwarded message attached.

This e-mail, and any attachments to it, contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) or
entity named on the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail in error is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic  transmission in error, please notify
me by telephone (919-489-0576) or by electronic mail (pickle at patriot.net)
immediately.