INC NEWS - Artists For Obama Auction

Ronnie Griffin res1m28r at verizon.net
Tue Jul 8 17:11:32 EDT 2008

Dear Mike,

Following is Section 3 of the INC Bylaws and specifically INC "Shall Not Endorse Political Parties" and this certainly includes political party candidates.

Section 3:         To accomplish its purpose, the INC shall research and take positions on issues affecting all residential neighborhoods and shall collect and disseminate information to stimulate awareness and interest in those issues.
                        The INC shall foster cooperation among existing neighborhood organizations and shall encourage the establishment of neighborhood organizations where none exist.

                        The INC shall work in a positive and cooperative way with City, County, State, and Federal government officials and with other public and private organizations to accomplish its goals.

                        The INC shall not endorse political parties. However, it may oppose or support legislative or administrative change in order to accomplish its purposes.

Further INC activities and focus is our local neighborhoods and community:

Section 2:         The INC shall have as its purpose the promotion, maintenance, and enhancement of the quality, stability, and vitality or the residential neighborhoods of the City and County of Durham.

Your agenda, in my humble opinion, is not compliant with the INC charter and any further political chatter should be directed to another and more appropriate political venue.

Ronnie Griffin