INC NEWS - Rezoning Votes before NCDOT review -- contact Mayor Bell

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 6 07:27:51 EDT 2008

I should have highlighted, in response to Ken's concern, that stuff in the downtown tier doesn't require a TIA.  I think this is because:
* With public transit, a well-developed grid, and the parking decks, downtown is already pretty well-served with transportation
* Doing a TIA would be complicated downtown (too many things that could change)
* Too much stuff close together so it is hard to figure out 1 project's impact
* Some amount of it being in public interest to have a vibrant downtown

Anyhow, this makes a small incentive for downtown development......

Regards, pat