[Durham INC] Fw: Planning Commission Public Hearing Notice: Text Amendment TC1700001-Omnibus 10, and X1000003- Holloway Street Historic District Overlay Expansion - May 9, 2017

Natalie Spring natalie.spring at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 16:48:27 EDT 2017

Hi Pat,

Good news that it is progressing. I was unable to attend the HPC meeting as
it coincided with the birth of my third child but it is my understanding
that they removed from consideration the most important parcels - the tract
of undeveloped land on Queen St.that is currently zoned Support 2 allowing
for 50ft tall developments across a narrow street from single story houses
without requiring any stepbacks or tapering to the surrounding area.

Indeed, this was the main reason that neighbors initiated the local
historic district back in '10. My oldest, who was a baby when we filed the
petition, is now finishing up 2nd grade. A lot has changed in our
neighborhood and in Durham in those intervening years. Many neighbors have
moved on, houses have been demolished, infill construction has taken place,
and many, many more homes are now occupied.

Natalie
801 Cleveland St

--
"This was a lucky recollection-- it saved her from something like regret"