[Durham INC] Identify the source.

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 19:19:35 EDT 2020

Dear Mike and others, if you read the post carefully, you'll see that it's
written by an epidemiologist and actually, it's mostly common-sense
precaution not to break the social distancing protocol and why not in
layman's terms. Not everything that starts with such a phrase is either
suspect, incorrect or needs reference material vetting, including local
medical neighbor's posts, one of which I also circulated. In addition, we
have a rule on the NPNA list serve that if you have any issue with a
poster/post, you contact the admin not approach the list serve community (or
poster) directly, as this has a chilling effect on more introverted people
feeling comfortable about posting vital messages or simply participating in
dialogue.

In other words, your response is in violation of NPNA list serv guidelines,
that the board worked very hard on a few years ago. Ideally that reminder
should be shared by the list moderator. Encouragement for you to engage with
that person. They can make the appropriate determination, as can those for
other lists. If they do deem the current post inappropriate I will be more
than happy to retract it immediately with an apology.

At least for NPNA a blanket proviso for posts isn't or shouldn't be adopted,
for the reasons its guidelines have stated. As a supporter of that policy I
do encourage other lists to consider that approach, but that is up to those
powers that be and their subscribers.

Thank you everyone! Continuing well wishes.

D in NGP