[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] PM - Anthem - payment for vision

Michael Chamberlin mikechamberlinsoapm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:02:56 EST 2016

Over the past few months, Anthem (BC/BS) has been denying payment for
vision (99173) by saying that it is bundled into the well code (99393,
etc).  In the past, we have been paid for this.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  It doesn't seem correct that this is
bundled into the well code, but we have appealed this and that is there
reason for non payment  I have already filled out an AAP Hassle form.

(Cross posting this on the SOAPM and the OH AAP practice managers listserv)

Thanks,

Mike

--
Michael Chamberlin, M.D., FAAP