[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] OH CPC tobacco screening

jprice3 jprice3 at columbus.rr.com
Thu Oct 26 20:51:42 EDT 2017

The Pediatric Council also would like to hear if CPC or any payers pay for tobacco screening. As seen in this link to the AAP’s document about coding and billing for preventative care, behavioral/emotional assessments and drug and alcohol assessments are to be done at well visits but are services judged to be included in the well visit code. Depression screening, necessitating a validated screening tool, is a different story with an additional code and charge.  https://www.aap.org/en-us/Documents/practicet_periodicity_24_15-17_Year_Visits.pdf
   That said, individual payers and programs can set their own rules, so that’s why I’m interested in the responses to this post.
    Jon Price, MD FAAP
     Ohio Pediatric Council Co-chair
Sent from my iPad