[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] OH VFC question

Michael Chamberlin mikechamberlinsoapm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 08:41:31 EST 2017

We have two families in a difficult situation.  Both thought they had
insurance at the time of a well child visit (for one, the employer did not
pay the insurance policy and for the other, dad dropped the kids from his
policy without mom's knowledge) and they were given vaccines from our
private stock.  Since neither one really had insurance at the time of the
visit, they now have large balances with our office.

Since they did not have insurance, they would have been able to get
vaccines under the VFC program.  Can I retroactively change there vaccines
to VFC?  Our rep says that we cannot, but I wanted to see if anyone else
had any info on this.

Thanks,

Mike

--