[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] Lead Testing/MMO

Melanie Farkas MFarkas at ohioaap.org
Wed Nov 15 13:46:23 EST 2017

Hello PM listserv! I had a question sent to me I wanted to share about an issue with MMO.

They do in-house testing for their lead screenings (of age appropriate patients), their charge for the service is $27.00, they are being paid $6.83 and charging off $20.17. They gave me a report out of this for all payers, and this is significantly below average because at cost it would be $7.00 for the service. I suggested that they may want to consider for MMO patients utilizing the lead filter paper and sending it out to a lab for completion as this may result in a higher payment amount from MMO. I also told them I would send this on to the Pediatric Care Council as a concern to see if others are having the same issue regarding in-house lead screening, and under-payment from MMO.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue of does anyone have any ideas to help?

Melanie Farkas