[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] PHQ-9 Question

Beth Barker BBarker at ohioaap.org
Wed Apr 18 13:03:59 EDT 2018

Hello! Please see this question from a practice in Westlake Ohio:

Can you tell me if insurance companies cover the PHQ-9 depression screening?  Also, do you know if there is problems with certain companies.  Thank you.
Couple months ago we started using the PHQ-9 but not billing for it.   We would like to start charging for the screening but wanted to know if any issues with insurance companies.

Could anyone help with this please??

Thank you,

Beth Barker BSN, RN
Director of Immunization Programs
Ohio Chapter,
American Academy of Pediatrics
Phone: 614-846-6258
Fax: 614-846-4025
Address: 94-A Northwoods Blvd. | Columbus, OH 43235
Website: OhioAAP.org<http://www.ohioaap.org/>

[signature_1638097804]