[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] PHQ-9 Question

Michael Chamberlin mikechamberlinsoapm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:52:42 EDT 2018

Here is our experience (from my billing people) with the PHQ-9.  We have
been using it as a screening tool at well child visits for age 11 years and
up:

Humana – currently denies & tells us to adjust off

UHC – pays approx. $X and tells us to adjust off the rest

Anthem – pays 85% of the time (approx. $X) and sends to patient
responsibility 15% of the time

Aetna – pays 95% of the time and sends to patient responsibility 5% of the
time

Cigna – pays, 0 goes to patient

Med Mut – pays

Caresource - pays