[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] Anthem coding edits

Michael Chamberlin mikechamberlinsoapm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 15:28:51 EDT 2019

Theresa,

We don't test for Influenza in our office, so we rarely use the dx code
Influenza.  We were having problems in the past when we would use "acute
pharyngitis" and "acute URI" for the office visit code and a strep test.
We now will link the URI code with the office visit and the acute
pharyngitis with the strep test and we have not had problems getting paid
since we made that change.

I agree that it is wrong for them to change the rules intermittently.  It
seems, at times, that they are trying to find ways to not pay us.  If you
continue to have problems, could you fill out an AAP "hassle factor" form?
Then, the AAP staff can help look into this.

Hope that helps,

Mike

--
Michael Chamberlin, M.D., FAAP
Pediatric Assoc. of Mt Carmel

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 3:01 PM Theresa Vonhoene via
Ohioaap-practicemanagers <ohioaap-practicemanagers at lists.deltaforce.net>