[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] CareSource denials of rapid strep tests

Michael Chamberlin mikechamberlinsoapm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 15:51:41 EST 2021

Thanks for the info.  We do use the QW modifier.  We have just seen a few
denials in the past week, so I'm concerned that we may see more soon.  A
colleague (who has experience working for a managed Medicaid in another
state) suggested using the J02.8 code (acute pharyngitis due to other
specified organisms).    I think we may try that.

Michael Chamberlin, M.D., FAAP
Pediatric Assoc. of Mt Carmel
4371 Ferguson Dr
Cincinnati, OH  45230