[MCIC Safety] FW: Body Jewelry

Kareis, Michelle mkareis at Vertellus.com
Tue Feb 12 12:06:56 EST 2008

OK, here's a new one for me.  Has anyone else addressed this already?  This is from one of our plants in Indiana.

Thanks for the help!

Michelle

Michelle Kareis
EHS Manager
Vertellus Performance Materials Inc.

Greensboro, North Carolina

336-834-4903
mkareis at vertellus.com

________________________________
From: Moore, Brenda S.
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:00 PM
To: RRM Health & Safety
Subject: Body Jewelry

Has anyone heard of, or have documentation or policies in place that address the use of body jewelry, such as piercings of the mouth, tongue, nose and eyebrows?  I'm looking specifically for something that addresses the use of such piercings in chemical environments and/or interferes with the use of respiratory protection or other such PPE.

Thanks!

Brenda