[MCIC Safety] SAFETY COMMITTEE MEETING MAY 14

Dick McDonald dmcdonald at shurtape.com
Mon Apr 28 12:27:55 EDT 2008

Hello Safety Committee Members,

Our next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday May 14th. I am soliciting
comments and/or ideas for this and upcoming 2008 meeting topics. Several
that have been mentioned (maybe some in relation to the August EHS
School - but still a potential for the committee) are:

*     Homeland security update

*     HIPPA and OSHA Recordkeeping

*     Worker's Comp case handling

*     Use of the video camera to document procedures

*     Training software

*     OSHA programs from OSHA perspective (LOTO, Elect Safety, Confined
Space, forklifts, etc)

*     Aging workforce relative to occupational medicine and/or
ergonomics

*     Worker judgment, competency, accountability and discipline

*     Challenges with a non-English speaking workforce

Also - quest speaker ideas are welcome. Let me hear from you!

Thanks,

Dick McDonald
Shurtape Technologies, LLC            Environment, Health & Safety
Office: (828) 325 - 5228
Fax: (828) 325 - 5387