[esip-semanticweb] EarthCube Semantic Infrastructure Working Group kickoff

John Graybeal jbgraybeal at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 12 21:12:56 EDT 2015

Hi ESIP semantic web folks,

Apologies that I have not joined your meetings recently -- starting up at Stanford and pushing on another ESIP project have filled up my time recently. I hope to be back to meet with you all soon and report on progress with COR.

And apologies for those of you getting this multiple times, at least it isn't *exactly* the same every time! But I want to share an event of possible interest:

The EarthCube Semantic Infrastructure Working Group has been approved, and will hold its kickoff meeting on Thursday September 17 at 9 AM Pacific Time, 12 noon Eastern Time. All are welcome to join the call; participants will want to join EarthCube and the Semantic Infrastructure Working Group to participate most effectively in the group.

This volunteer Working Group has the goal of facilitating semantic interoperability for EarthCube development teams and end users. It is scheduled to last just 9 months, finishing in June with recommendations to the EarthCube Technology and Architecture Committee.

It is of potentially extra interest to the ESIP community, in that ESIP has been floated as one path of addressing EarthCube semantic community needs. But that is not a topic the group will likely address in the near term.

Meeting call-in information can be found at the meeting announcement page, and more information about this working group can be found at the Working Group Home Page

John

---------------------------------------
John Graybeal
jbgraybeal at mindspring.com
650-450-1853
skype: graybealski
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/johngraybeal/

My job at Stanford:

Technical Program Manager
Center for Enhanced Data Annotation and Retrieval
Stanford University School of Medicine
jgraybeal at stanford.edu