INC NEWS - good news for trash

Barry Ragin bragin at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 17:53:12 EST 2005

sorry man, i just hit the reply button.

anyway, i thought this item, which just got posted to the Duke Park
listserv, would be appropriate here as well. It seems that drainage is
not happening properly on some woodlands in Duke Park neighborhood, and
NCDOT would like our neighbors to start killing beavers to take care of
the problem:

===================================

hey neighbors,
i've received a letter from the DOT regarding a beaver inhabiting the
wooded area between glendale, washington and I-85. apparently, the
beaver has clogged a storm sewer pipe, resulting in the build-up of
water. they are asking my permission as a homeowner with land bordering
the property to "remove" said beaver. i'm very disturbed because the
"removal" methods that i am being asked to agree to include crushing
traps, necksnares and explosives, just to name a few! not a single
humane method of removal was offered.

i'd like to hear from anyone else who has received this letter and hear
your thoughts.

(name withheld, since i did not receive this letter).

gee, people, do you think the new yard waste policy, coupled with the
fact that Duke Park has not seen a street sweeper since the summer,
might have something to do with this?

barry ragin