INC NEWS - Fwd: [dukepark] Erwin Road/Duke Forest Regional Park

Richard Mullinax rcmj at nc.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 20:15:13 EST 2005

I find it hard to support a project as INC that has no comprehensive
plan from the City or INC. What is Durham Parks and Rec think of this
new park
space? Could Duke have been persuaded to offer this land to be a park?

There is current park negligence in the City. How can we add more space
and not have a plan to take care of what we have. There are too many
questions to just throw out support for one neighborhood from a City
group like INC. I think INC could make a great stand here to add to
Parks and Rec budget. It is facing a 3% cut this year. But to support
money going to one community over another seems odd.

I wholly support this group of neighbors doing all they can to get the
park they deserve. I am sure the areas near where I live used to look as
open as this area does now. I think it is great they are looking to a
time in the future when the density is so tight that someone suggests
that farm animals are no longer welcome. ( like we have in the inner
City) I think they have showed creativity by raising the funds.

Richard Mullinax
921 N Mangum
resident Old North Durham