INC NEWS - Re: INC NEWS

pat carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:17:22 EST 2005

Quite a lot of the creek near the TTA route is already protected (corps
land, land we purchased near Githens, land dedicated by the Patterson Place
developers near Githens).  I think the Patterson Place developers are, in
fact, pretty sympathetic to idea of making open space accessible from that
side.  One access to the trails at Githens is through the apartment complex
on Watkins Road.

I know that there has been a lot of work by various public lands groups on
how far we are behind on being about to protect the million acres objective
we have set for the state.  I sort of thought there is an open space
strategic plan for Durham, but we need to understand more about whether we
have right tools and objectives to have recreational open space, attractive
entrances, etc.

Regards, pat