INC NEWS - Re: INC NEWS

Richard Mullinax rcmj at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 12 14:59:19 EST 2005

Bill,

I do not see there is ever a conflict in talking about an issue. I will
not keep issues from the PAC floor. Chief Chalmers said if all the
community concerns were laid in maps on the map of our crime, the crime
would not be visible. It is all the other things we do that allow space
for crime.

PACII at its CWC did support the resolution to have a mixed group work
on the yard waste plan. We also asked that the group meet with the
public regularly to present findings and to accept comments. This will
allow for a plan at the end that will best match what the community
would like to see. I am very thankful to INC for creating momentum for this.

Would INC also consider that with the Solid Waste possition open, that a
resolution like the one for yard waste be made for all waste? I do not
feel like the last Director took community concerns when he was
developing his plans for the department. This could be a great time to
work on how our solid waste will he handled for years to come. I see a
huge gap in recycle efforts by the City. We cannot expect to ship our
waste away for ever. Just the fossil fuels used to do this must make
most of us feel pain.

Richard