INC NEWS - New Hope Creek Park Update & Or. Co Comm. mtg Thur. Afternoon

Laura Drey lkdrey2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 09:51:47 EDT 2005

Dear Neighbors and folks interested in New Hope Park,

GREAT NEWS!!!! WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE FINISH LINE!!!

ACTION ALERT:IMPORTANT MEETING TODAY!

COME TO THE SPECIAL MEETING OF ORANGE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS TODAY, THURSDAY
APRIL 7, AT 3PM IN HILLSBOROUGH at government services building, next to
Occaneechi Indian Village, off of Margaret Lane. This is the final step and
although much of the meeting will be in closed session, we think that it is
vital for supporters to be there! PLEASE TRY TO COME. THIS IS IT! THIS WILL
BE THE LAST MEETING/IMPORTANT DECISION MADE ABOUT THIS ISSUE!!!

SEND AN EMAIL TODAY!

ORANGE COUNTY: mcarey1 at mindspring.com <mailto:mcarey1 at mindspring.com> ,
barry.j at mindspring.com <mailto:barry.j at mindspring.com> ,
vfoushee at co.orange.com <mailto:vfoushee at co.orange.com> ,
amGordon at mindspring.com <mailto:amGordon at mindspring.com>  ,
stevehh at mindspring.com <mailto:stevehh at mindspring.com>

Thank you for calling for this special meeting. We are hopeful that today
you will be able to move forward to resolve the final steps necessary for
the creation of the New Hope Creek Park Preserve. Thank you for your
leadership and support in this effort.

CHAPEL HILL: mayorandcouncil at townofchapelhill.org
<mailto:mayorandcouncil at townofchapelhill.org>

Thank you so much to the Mayor and Town Council for providing vital
additional funding for the New Hope Creek Park Preserve project at this
Eleventh hour. We greatly appreciate your commitment and leadership in our
region for open space preservation.

UPDATE:

The Town of Chapel Hill decided with an 8 to 1 vote on Wednesday to
contribute an additional $25,000 toward the New Hope Creek Park Preserve
project. This is in addition to their original $100,000 commitment. We are
so appreciative of their help in getting the ball rolling and getting us
over the finish line. In addition, Triangle Land Conservancy has come
through yet again and will donate an additional $50,000 toward this effort-
$25,000 of which was given by a donor for this specific purpose. We are so
appreciative of their partnership and support.

WE HAVE NOW MADE UP FOR THE $75,000 FUNDING SHORTFALL NEEDED FOR THE
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THIS INITIATIVE!!!!

Orange County Commissioners will hold a special meeting tomorrow at 3pm in
Hillsborough to receive the donation of the $75,000 to help with the land
purchases and to hopefully come to an agreement about any final steps that
need to take place tomorrow.

On Friday, Durham County Commissioner Chair, Ellen Reckhow, will sign a
contract with Duke University ( WE HOPE!!!!) for the 44 acre Duke tract.

Thank you so much for all who came to the Chapel Hill Town Hall yesterday
with such short notice!!!

PLEASE COME TO THE ORANGE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING AT 3 PM TODAY IF YOU
CAN.

PLEASE SEND THOSE BRIEF EMAILS.

THANK YOUS

DURHAM CITY COUNCIL: council at ci.durham.nc.us
<mailto:council at ci.durham.nc.us>
THANK YOU MAYOR BELL AND COUNCIL MEMBERS BROWN, CATOTTI AND COLE-MCFADDEN
FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE NEW HOPE CREEK PARK.
THIS PARK, LIKE WEST POINT OF THE ENO, WILL BE A JEWEL IN DURHAM’S CROWN AND
A BENEFIT TO PEOPLE THROUGHOUT DURHAM.

DURHAM COUNTY COMMISSIONERS commissioners at co.durham.nc.us
<mailto:commissioners at co.durham.nc.us>
THANK YOU COMMISSIONERS RECKHOW, HERON AND COUSIN FOR YOUR TREMENDOUS
LEADERSHIP IN THE CREATION OF A REGIONAL PARK THAT LIKE WEST POINT ON THE
ENO, WILL BE USED AND ACCESSIBLE TO SO MANY SCHOOL CHILDREN AND CITIZENS
THROUGHOUT OUR AREA FOR GENERATIONS TO COME.

I actually intentionally put a general address to all of Durham officials so
that those voted against it could see how appreciative folks are about the
support for the park...also some people don't want to write a lot of email
addresses for individual members to that is why I simplified it as much as
possible

Thanks again for all of your help and support,

Please forward this email as always

Wendy Jacobs

Chair, Erwin Area Neighborhood Group
---