INC NEWS - please help put roof over Durham Farmer's Market

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 10:32:59 EDT 2005

Dear neighbor,

The Durham Farmer's Market is our community's front
porch -- a wonderful place to gather and enjoy chance
encounters with friends.

Thus far, the campaign to raise money for the Farmer’s
Market Pavilion has been very successful. Early focus
was on grants, government funds and corporate
contributions. Now the effort is going public – asking
individuals to donate to help reach our goal of
$350,000.

Having a real shelter for the Market will help ensure
a stable supply of the wonderful locally-grown produce
and fresh baked goods we have come to enjoy each week
from April until November. The Pavilion will be a
visible sign of our support of small farmers in the
Durham area. It will also provide an opportunity for
SEEDs to expand its work and it will be a beautiful
addition to the development of Durham Central Park.

The recent news of a grant from Struever Brothers in
the amount of $50,000, to match local donations, means
that your check will be worth twice as much.

Your tax-deductible contribution can be made payable
to Durham Central Park, Inc (with "Farmers Market
Pavilion" written on the Memo line) and mailed to:

115 Market St, Suite 213
Durham, NC  27701

Your donation will help pay for critical things like
site engineering, permit fees, and architects' fees.
It'll also get this important project underway and
this fall you'll actually SEE your money at work!

The money you donate will go to local suppliers and
professionals who are discounting their rates
dramatically. Your money will be well-spent and, for
the most part, spent in Durham.

with appreciation,
John Schelp