INC NEWS - we did it!!!!!!!!!

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Fri Jul 15 01:43:31 EDT 2005

I am thrilled to be able to share the wonderful news with you - we did
it!!! WE HAVE MET OUR $200,000 PLEDGE GOAL!

Hundreds of citizens throughout Orange and Durham counties and beyond have
come together to raise more than $200,000 for the purchase of the Duke
tract and the future creation of New Hope Creek Park.

It is truly an amazing feat...in just two weeks, neighbors have come
foward to pledge an additional $40,000 to help us reach our July 15 goal
deadline!

We are so grateful to Triangle Land Conservancy who is fronting this
$200,000 for us to Durham County and who is administering the New Hope
Creek Park fund.

Tomorrow Durham County will use this money as part of the $500,000 first
installment toward purchase of the 43 acre Duke tract. This installment
includes funds from all of the stakeholders involved- TLC, EANG, Durham
County, Durham City, Orange County, Chapel Hill- what a remarkable
partnership this is!!!

If you have not done so yet, please send in your 2005 pledge committment
and any matching corporate gift forms to TLC as soon as possible!!!

On July 25 EANG, TLC and the NHCCAC (New Hope Creek Corridor Advisory
Committee) will sponsor a tour of the Duke tract and Penny acquisitions
for our state legislators and local government officials. Officials from
the Clean Water Management Trust Fund will also be present. We are really
looking foward to this tour!

Thank you, thank you, thank you again to each and every person who has
helped with this amazing grass roots effort in so many different
ways...every little bit does count and does make a difference...it can
even add up to $200,000!!!

A special thank you to Deb Christie who has tirelessly headed up our
fundraising effort since April 8. THANK YOU DEB!!!

Please pass this good news on to your friends, neighbors...any one who you
know has taken part in this effort in any way.

Thanks again EVERYONE!!! Some day soon, we will all be able to enjoy New
Hope Creek Park...

Wendy Jacobs
Erwin Area Neighborhood Group