[pac2] Re: INC NEWS - Herald Sun editorial

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 20:45:44 EDT 2005

Maryanne is right.

What's interesting is the danger aspect, due to the carts blocking  folk's
view of oncoming traffic. This point is brought into every hashing of  this
topic. Maryanne guessed correctly that we departed from garbage staff  coming to
the back of our houses as a measure to save money.

 What I find amazing is how hard we'll gripe about risking our  lives pulling
out of our driveways, with our views blocked, but only about  the six non
garbage days of the week. And we really should call our neighbor  about those six
days.

 But we seem to accept that risk so willingly on garbage day!  Wonder if a
young mother were killed, but the oldest of her two kids in the back  seat
recalls Mom having a hard time seeing around the carts just prior to the  accident.
Would the savings be worth it? Would we return to the service of days  gone
by?

So they are ugly, and dangerous. And since they are such a  common sight, a
burglar can roll all the valuables of a house down the street  without drawing
attention.

 We may have saved some money, but the cost has been the look of our
streets, our safety, and our cleaned out houses thanks to the huge getaway carts  we
supplied.

 Still, I don't expect a return to the good old days of service, even  now
that we've supplied our own rolly carts.

Bill Anderson