INC NEWS - PAC II issues

Richard Mullinax rcmj at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 9 15:56:14 EDT 2005

A great post! Several people have begun to step forward in PAC II to
lead different initiatives. As PAC II participation grows my goal is to
hold a space for people to work on issues like the one you mentioned and
bring it to the PAC II floor when a resolution is needed. I am very
happy to see that PAC II is getting to the place that the
co-facilitators do just that, facilitate, keep the discussion open, and
that others do the work of bringing each item to fruition. This way none
of us risk burnout.

This said there are several people working on the cars in front yards
issue, not the least of these is our City Manager Patrick Baker. We are
all anxiously awaiting his presentation to INC later this month. From
that we will begin to focus on the education tool and any other tools
that are suggested. I welcome your input and look forward to the
volunteer effort you create for yourself as a PAC II participant. I plan
to contact you directly about this issue because I get many concerns
about this and have taken this on as well. Frank Duke, I do not want to
put words in your mouth, but I guess that you and your staff will
welcome volunteer help like what has been offered. I am excited about
our continued citizen/staff partnerships.

Richard Mullinax
PAC II co-chair