INC NEWS - Front Yard Parking

Richard Mullinax rcmj at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 26 12:37:54 EDT 2005

I am very thankful to Patrick Baker for walking the streets with
community members a couple months ago, and presenting a plan last night
that completely addressed our concern for the inequity of front yard
parking to requested changes. Cars that park in front yards of duplex
and triplex units will be subject to the same violations as those that
park in front yards of single family homes. Driveways are a legal place
to park cars.

The most amazing aspect of this is that he did it while the Planning
staff is under the gun to compete the new UDO. I am very thankful for
this attention, and most importantly that it was given while a new plan
is being considered.

Richard Mullinax
Old North Durham Neighborhood