INC NEWS - Judicial System -- 2006 Elections of Judges, DA, Clerk, Sheriff

Caleb Southern southernc at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 14 11:31:35 EST 2005

I would like to encourage everyone to consider running for the following
elected offices.

Filing Date: Feb 13-28, 2006

Democracy works best when we have competitive elections. We should all pay
attention to the issues in these campaigns, including:

-          Pre-trial Release

-          Magistrates, and Bonds for suspects

-          Plea Bargains

-          Sentencing

-          Management of the Jail

Please forward this email to anyone who may be interested.

District Court Judges:

http://www.nccourts.org/County/Durham/Staff/District.asp

District Attorney:

http://www.ncdistrictattorney.org/mikenifong/your_district_attorney.htm

Clerk of Court:

http://www.nccourts.org/County/Durham/Staff/Clerk.asp

Sheriff:

http://www.co.durham.nc.us/departments/cannonball.cfm?ID=10
<http://www.co.durham.nc.us/departments/cannonball.cfm?ID=10&deptPage=Genera
l_Information/Welcome.cfm> &deptPage=General_Information/Welcome.cfm

Board of Elections Website:

http://www.co.durham.nc.us/common/db-dept.cfm?ID=2

   Board of Elections

Offices to be Elected

 Requirements

*	All candidates must be registered voters at least twenty one years
of age.
*	Candidates for office in Durham County or city districts lying
within the boundaries of Durham County must be registered to vote with the
Durham County Board of Elections.

POLITICAL RACE

TERM

NEXT ELECTION

CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS

COUNTY: PARTISAN PRIMARY & ELECTION - EVEN YEARS

Clerk of Court

4 years

2006

Sheriff