INC NEWS - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service (volunteer opportunities in Durham for Jan 16)

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 24 07:05:52 EST 2005

Triangle Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service

"Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve."

-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

The First Triangle Martin Luther King Day of Service
is just around the corner and we would like to invite
you to volunteer to make a difference. With over 50
registered projects, there is certainly something for
everyone! [Link to projects is below, includes several
in Durham.]

We are also hosting a second Connection Day on January
7 from 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m. If your organization would
like to volunteer on a project, this would be an great
opportunity for your Volunteer Coordinator to meet the
Project Coordinators responsible for the projects.

Thank you again for being a part of what promises to
be a great day of service! If you have any questions
or concerns please me at 463-5006 or email at
crice at unitedwaytriangle.org

Carmen Rice
MLK Project Coordinator

List of volunteer opportunities, including Durham...

http://www.volunteersolutions.org/triangle/org/opp/dir-all.html

****

Currently there are:

50 projects registered.
137 volunteers registered.
531 volunteer opportunities.
394 volunteers still needed.

Project Spotlight

John Avery Boys and Girls Club

Mural Painting
Logo Painting on Building Exterior
Teen Center Face-Lift
Landscaping

Click here to learn more about this and other projects
available in your area...